The first year makes up the business degree journey. Students will be introduced to the many different aspects of international business in today’s world. Embarking on the qualification they will be exposed to both academic and vocational aspects of a wide range of subjects, enabling them to gain the necessary knowledge and skills vital for a career in business or further studies.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Communications for Business
- Understanding Business Organisations
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Finance
- Principles of Marketing
On successful completion of the first year, students will be awarded the Diploma in Business and will be able to continue their studies on the second year.
The second year journey builds upon the knowledge gained during the first year. Exposing students to greater detail and more advanced topics in a range of areas including economics, marketing, finance and management.
Students will study a balance of academic and vocational subjects in order to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to play a significant role in business organisations.
Students must study and successfully complete the following eight core units in order to be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Business that will give them the eligibility to complete the final year of the degree.
- Business Economics
- Advanced Business Mathematics
- Marketing in Business
- Human Resources in Business
- Understanding Consumer Behaviour
- Principles of Business Operations
- Financial Management
- Information Systems and Organisations
The third year of the BA (Hons) in Business Administration is a top-up qualification that is awarded by the highly reputable University of Worcester. It has been specially designed for students wanting to complete the final year of their degree in a flexible, affordable and accessible way.
The final year is made up of the following eight 15-credit units
- Business Research Methodology
- Business Strategy
- International Marketing Strategy
- Business Analysis and Decision Making
- Strategic Operations and Quality Management
- Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- Management Accounting and Finance